Your Travel Stats measure the distance traveled between your daily locations (including home location) for itineraries that list you as a traveler.
Now you can view your trip history over time with new travel stats graphs on our Android and iOS apps. Graphs can be displayed for totals of distance traveled, days, trips, countries/regions and cities visited by year. Each graph shows up to the past seven years of data.
How to access your Travel Stats:
1. Open TripIt app.
2. Tap the Account tab (bottom right).
3. Select Travel Stats.
Note: iOS users can now share their travel stats by tapping the Share icon located on the top right of the Travel Stats screen.
How your Travel Stats are calculated:
- After conclusion of your trip.
- Assumes you are returning home between trips.
- May take up to a day to post to your account.
Note: Single, long-term trips which are greater then 366 days are excluded from travel stats; when tabulating countries/regions visited your home country/region is included if you have a domestic trip.
If you believe your travel statistics are not calculating properly, be sure to check the following:
- Home location is properly set.
- You are listed as a traveler on the trip. (To change your designation to Traveler, please see our help page for instructions.)
- For single date trips (same start/end date - e.g. start May 10/end May 10), TripIt sets your daily location (last location before midnight) to your home location and no distance is added. We plan to improve the logic for this case in the future. For now a good workaround is to add a map for your destination dated for the next day.
Updated: Feb 8, 2022