TripIt iPad users can now drag and drop photos, meetings, locations and more directly into their trips.
We've made it easier than ever to add new items from Apple Calendar, Maps, Safari, Contacts, and Photos to your TripIt account.
How to get started:
- Sign into the TripIt iOS app (if not already signed in) and have it up on your screen.
- Activate the Slide Over mode (swipe up to bring up your dock and tap and drag the second app up to your screen).
- Once both apps are open on your screen, you can drag and drop the photo, event, contact, etc. directly into your TripIt itinerary or an existing trip on the Trips list page.
Different examples of use:
- Photos: Drag a photo from Apple Photos or a Safari web page into your itinerary.
- Apple Calendar: Drag an event from your Apple calendar into your itinerary or Trips list. All events will default as a meeting. The date, times, meeting name, address, URL, and notes will transfer over to TripIt.
- Apple Maps and Contacts: Search in Apple Maps for nearby hotels, restaurants, and more and drag and drop that location into your itinerary or Trips list. The location name, address, phone number, and URL will transfer over to TripIt as the plan of your choice (lodging, car, restaurant, rail, activity or note). You can also drag and drop a contact from Apple contacts into your itinerary or trips list.
Updated: Mar 11, 2022