Inbox Sync connects your Gmail, Google Workspace, Yahoo! Mail, and Outlook in-boxes with your TripIt account.
Once connected, your travel plans are automatically added to your TripIt account. You never have to remember to forward an email. TripIt will scan your primary inbox multiple times a day for travel plans, then automatically import them into TripIt. (Inbox Sync is currently only offered for Gmail, Google Workspace, Yahoo! Mail, and Outlook.com).
How to set up Inbox Sync:
- Tap the More tab (bottom right).
- Tap Settings.
- Under Email Addresses, select the email address(es) you wish to authorize Inbox Sync.
- Turn on the Inbox Sync toggle.
- Inbox Sync is an optional feature the user elects to authorize and is not required to use TripIt.
- Once authorized, import is not immediate; your inbox will be scanned within 24 hours.
- Inbox Sync will only scan your primary inbox. If your Gmail account has inbox tabs (i.e. Promotions, Social, etc.) you will need to disable (Settings > Configure inbox) any tabs where travel confirmations are delivered.
- Make sure your inbox contains only recent confirmation emails. At sign up TripIt will look for all travel related emails, from the last 14 days, in your main inbox regardless of travel date (future or past). As most vendor confirmation emails do not identify the year of travel, past trips may be imported as upcoming trips as TripIt assumes undated travel is for a future trip.
Updated: Oct 7, 2021