If your TripIt plans are not appearing on your calendar at the times you expect, one of a few things may be happening.
Google Calendar no longer supports floating time zones.
1. In your TripIt settings, under Calendar Sync make sure you have the setting for Automatically adjust time zones selected.
2. This does mean that your calendar will convert all event times to your current time zone setting. However, if you change your calendar's settings when you travel to reflect the local time zone, these items will show up in the correct time slot once you're in those locations.
1. If you change your calendar's time zone settings when you travel to reflect the local time zone, then be sure to have the setting for Automatically adjust time zones selected.
2. If you don't change your calendar's time zone settings, and always keep your calendar on your home time zone, you can simply ignore time zones for your calendar feed by deselecting the setting for Automatically adjust time zones.
- If you change your calendar feed's settings it may take some time for your calendar app to update its cached feed data.
- You can force your calendar's cache to clear by refreshing your feed's URL in the Calendar Sync settings. After refreshing, delete the old URL and resubscribe to the new URL. Wait 15 minutes, and your calendar should be updated.
Make sure your plans have the right location.
When TripIt imports an air, train, or car reservation via email@example.com, we use the item address to map the location and place its time zones. If the location or time zones are not correct in nearly all cases you can fix the problem by adding at minimum the city and state or country/region name in the address field. If you have it, the street addresses is preferable.
Updated: Aug 20, 2020