Locations, time zones, maps, and directions are all determined by the content entered in the address field of a trip item.
The key, when making a manual entry, to placing the correct destination in the date header and the trip summary and in placing the correct time zone is to make sure the address field contains at least a city and state or country/region name and each trip item has a time stamp
The more precise the address, the more accurate your location, time zone, map, and directions will be. The best path is to place the full postal address of the location (street number and name, city, state, [or city, country if non-U.S.] and postal code).
Coordinates and Plus Codes
Occasionally a postal address may not map (usually for more remote locations). If this is the case you can try adding the latitude and longitude coordinates, or try the Google Maps Plus Code. If you do not know the coordinates or Plus Code for your location you can easily find this information on Google Maps (on the Web; you can't get coordinates of a place on phone or tablet).
Steps to find coordinates:
1. Right-click a place or area on the map.
2. Select What's here?
3. Under the search box an info card with coordinates will appear.
Acceptable formats for coordinates:
• Degrees, minutes and seconds (DMS): 41° 24' 12.1674", 2° 10' 26.508"
• Decimal degrees (DD): 41.40338, 2.17403
Steps to find Plus Code:
1. Enter the location or coordinates into Google Maps
2. In the left-hand panel, next to the "+" icon is a string of numbers and letters. This is the Plus Code.
3. Copy the code and paste it into your trip item's Address field
Updated: Aug 20, 2020