TripIt now shows you the latest COVID-19 travel guidelines to help you stay as informed as possible for the destinations you are visiting.
Once a trip is added to your TripIt account, stay up-to-date on how COVID-19 may impact your travel plans.This data comes from our partner Riskline ® and is based on the location of plans in your trip, such as airports, hotels, restaurants and activities. This feature is available on our website and latest Android, iOS and Mac apps.
For destinations you are visiting, TripIt will show you COVID-19-related:
- Key information including current infection rates, hotspots and any quarantine or testing requirements for travellers entering the area.
- Requirements and Restrictions currently in place, including mask requirements, curfew orders and restrictions on dining and shopping.
- Travel guidelines issued for your destination, such as health documentation requirements, entry and exit rules, travel bans and more.
How to get started
Android, iOS and Mac apps:
- Open the TripIt app and select a trip.
- Tap the guidebook button.
- Select COVID-19 travel guidance.
- Sign into the TripIt website and select a trip.
- Covid-19 Info will be located to the right.
- Click the Covid-19 Guidance link for more details.
TripIt Pro users can also search for the latest COVID-19 travel guidance by destination.
This feature can help you make the best decisions before booking a trip.
- Open the TripIt app and tap the Pro tab.
- Tap COVID-19 Guidance.
- Search more than 200 countries and regions for pandemic-related information.
Find out airline-specific information such as which apps they recommend to facilitate travel and entry, whether a COVID-19 test can be scheduled through the airline, their cleaning procedures, health document requirements, middle-seat policy and more.
You can now view vaccination information at country-level for destinations you’re visiting, including vaccination rates, vaccination requirements, approved vaccines, exceptions from quarantine, testing or other entry requirements for vaccinated travellers and accepted forms of certification.
How COVID-19 infection levels are measured
This feature is powered by our partner Riskline . You can learn how they assess COVID-19 levels here .
What areas are covered
COVID-19 travel guidance is available for more than 200 countries and territories.
How often is this information updated
We receive frequent and regular updates from our data provider, Riskline . If we are unable to provide the most up-to-date data, please refer to local government websites for travel and health policies.
Please note: This feature is intended to serve as guidance, and refer to official government resources as part of travel preparations.
If no information is available for a trip
There may be instances when we are unable to receive data from our data provider, such as network connection, data availability, or system error. Check back later to try again or refer to local government websites for travel and health policies.
Some countries have data available by specific regions. These countries include:
- Australia: available by state
- Canada: available by province
- France: available by region
- Spain: available by autonomous community
- United States: available by state
Updated: 28 Oct, 2021