TripIt now lets you upload documents to your travel plans
Our most frequently requested feature has arrived to TripIt! With Documents, you can upload PDFs, photos, boarding passes, digital passport QR codes and more to your travel plans, so everything is in one place. Documents is available on our Android, iOS and Mac apps for all TripIt users. Be sure your device is updated to the latest version of TripIt.
What type of documents can be added
You can upload PDF, GIF, JPEG and PNG file formats. All TripIt users can upload up to three documents per trip, and TripIt Pro users can upload up to 25 documents per trip.
How to get started:
You can add documents to the Details screen for your flight, accommodation, car rental, activity and other trip items. Only travellers and planners can add, view and edit documents.
On our Android, iOS and Mac apps:
- Simply tap the plus (+) button to attach a document to your trip item. Once uploaded, you’ll see a preview thumbnail of your file.
- To view a document that you uploaded, just tap on the preview thumbnail of the file. Should you want to rename or delete the file, you can do so from this view.
On our website:
- Click on the plan.
- Click the plus (+) button to attach a document.
- Click Upload.
Maximum file size
You may uploadfiles up to 10mb.
Examples of use:
- Next time you screenshot your boarding pass QR code, upload it to your flight Details screen in TripIt so it’s easily accessible when you need it.
- Upload your rail tickets into TripIt so you can check one place for all your travel details.
- Upload your PDF itinerary into TripIt so you can check one place for all your travel details.
- Booked a tour for your trip? Upload the itinerary into the tour plan Details screen in TripIt and we’ll help you keep it all straight.
- If you purchased travel insurance, upload the documentation into your trip in TripIt for safekeeping.
How to rename or delete a file
To rename or delete a document that you uploaded, just tap on the preview thumbnail of the file to open it. Then tap on the ellipses (…) in the top-right corner, and you’ll see the options to rename or delete the file.
Updated: 23 Jul, 2021