Inbox Sync connects your Gmail, Google Workspace, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook Inboxes with Your TripIt Account
Once connected, your travel plans are automatically added to your TripIt account. You never have to remember to forward an email. TripIt will scan your primary inbox multiple times a day for travel plans, then automatically import them into TripIt. (Inbox Sync is currently only offered for Gmail, Google Workspace, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com).
How to set up Inbox Sync:
- Tap the Account tab (bottom right).
- Tap Email Addresses.
- Select the email address(es) you wish to authorise Inbox Sync.
- Enable the Inbox Sync toggle.
- Inbox Sync is an optional feature the user elects to authorise and is not required to use TripIt.
- Once authorised, import is not immediate; your inbox will be scanned within 24 hours.
- Inbox Sync will only scan your primary inbox. If your Gmail account has inbox tabs (i.e. Promotions, Social, etc.), you will need to disable (Settings > Configure inbox) any tabs where travel confirmations are delivered.
- Make sure your inbox contains only recent confirmation emails. On sign-up, TripIt will look for all travel-related emails from the last 7 days in your main inbox, regardless of travel date (future or past). As most supplier confirmation emails do not identify the year of travel, past trips may be imported as upcoming trips since TripIt assumes undated travel is for a future trip.
Updated: 8 Feb, 2022