You can merge multiple TripIt accounts into one on our website or in our Android and iOS TripIt apps.
If you have created multiple TripIt accounts you can easily merge / combine all data from both accounts into one single account. All travel and account information and any subscriptions will carry over to the merged account. Accounts can be merged on our Android and iOS apps.
Android and iOS apps:
- Tap More > Settings > Merge accounts .
- Click on your Profile Icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on Settings > Account and Security > Email Addresses > Manage Email Addresses .
- Under Merge Accounts , enter the email address of the account you’d like to merge.
You will receive an email with a link to confirm the merge. If you need to sign into your account to finalise the merge, please make sure you sign into your primary account or the account you were signed into when you initiated the merge. Do not sign in with the email address you are trying to add/merge.
- Sign in with any of the email addresses associated with your primary (usually oldest) TripIt account.
- Add all of your work and personal email addresses to your account under Settings > Account and Security > Email Addresses > Manage Email Addresses > Add an Email Address.
If any of these email addresses are linked to another account, we will send you a confirmation email that you need to click to confirm the merge.
• Password Problems: Please note each account has its own password. If at any point you are having trouble merging your accounts due to a password issue, you can request that your password be reset from the app. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on resetting your password. Your password must contain a minimum of eight characters and cannot be an email address.
• Primary Email Address: The email address for the account that initiates the merge will become the primary email address after the merge is complete. If you'd like to change your primary email address for the merged account, go to Email Addresses in Settings, select the email address you'd like to be the primary email and tap Make this the primary email address.
• Add / Remove Additional Email Addresses: You can add / remove additional email addresses, at any time in Settings.
• Unmerge an Account: Unfortunately it is not possible to unmerge (reverse merge) an account. If you wish to have a separate account for one or more of the email addresses associated with your current account, your best option is to delete those addresses and then open a new account with them. To transfer any trip data, you can share those trips with the new accounts.
Updated: 25 May 2021