Use Seat Tracker to find a better seat on your flight.
TripIt Pro subscribers can use Seat Tracker to find a better seat or find seats together on any valid upcoming flight. Seat Tracker will alert you via email, SMS and push notifications if we find the seats you want so you can try to nab those seats before someone else does.
How to get started:
- Sign into the TripIt app.
- Tap the Pro tab.
- Tap Seat Tracker > Create a new alert.
- To limit your search to a specific kind of seat (such as aisle over the wing), first click the ANY menu and choose ALL before you make your selections.
- If you'd like to include premium economy or business class seats in your search, click the Include premium economy check box in the Premium cabins section.
- Need to find seats together? Use the Travelling with others menu to search for up to 4 seats together. (We'll look for subsequent seats in the same row, or corresponding seats in subsequent rows, such as 17B and C, and 18B and C.)
When we find your seat: We'll send you an alert via email or to your mobile phone via SMS or PUSH with the details you need to contact your carrier or booking agent to change your seat.
Please note that many airlines charge a service fee to change seats, so be sure to check with your carrier before rebooking!
To update your email or mobile alert settings, go to More>Settings>Notifications.
Didn't get the seat? Reactivate your search and try again! To reactivate your search, tap the Pro tab > Seat Tracker > Select your current Seat Tracker and redo.
You can also edit your Seat Tracker . Tap the Pro tab > Seat Tracker > Select your current Seat Tracker, make your adjustments then tap Done.
What if you can't find my flight? Unfortunately you can't use Seat Tracker with flights we can't monitor or airlines that do not offer seat selection, such as Southwest, Frontier and Ryanair.
You will also be unable to start or reactivate a search for flights within four hours of departure time. To change your seat close to departure, check in with your airline at the airport check-in desk or your gate.
Updated: 8 Apr, 2020